As we head into 2016, thanks to low mortgage rates and a hot housing market, thousands of millennials are preparing to purchase their first home. Buying a home can be overwhelming, so you must think about improving efficiency and productivity with the assistance of savvy, functional apps. If you’re preparing to purchase a new home and want to streamline the process as much as possible, check out the following apps. They’ll completely change the way you search for a home.
REALTOR.ca is a free app offered by The Canadian Real Estate Association and is the most visited real estate website in Canada. It allows users to search for homes and property across Canada and will provide consumers with the same functionality and detail they get from REALTOR.ca. Take advantage of iPhone device features such as GPS and being able to add open house details to the calendar on the device .
Wondering if that smart appliance you’ve been eyeing will fit? Can you squeeze the couch from your house into the new downsized condo? This app helps take the guesswork out of your buying, renovating and redecorating decisions.
Available in Google Play too.
The Essential Real Estate Dictionary app is an up-to-date, authoritative reference, containing over 3,300 entries and phrases explaining the most commonly used real estate terms in clear, concise, easy-to-understand language.
• Over 3,300 terms, entire 400 page text found in The Essential Real Estate Dictionary.
• Includes real estate related images which accompany select terms.
• Fully searchable including letter-by-letter, real-time progressive search.
• Search by word, abbreviation and meaning.
• Clear and concise index interface.
• Save favorite terms for quick reference.
• Learn new words quickly with “Show Me Random Word” feature.
• No internet connection is required to run app.
• Both iPhone and iPod Touch compatible.
For urban homebuyers, one of the more critical factors is walkability. WalkScore allows you to see how close a given property is to different amenities like schools, stores, and entertainment. New updates also give you BikeScores and TransitScores so that you can find the easiest way to get around.
IPAD, IPHONE, IPOD TOUCH, FREE
The first iPhone app that allows you to store, organize, annotate and share photos AND VIDEOS you take during your search for a new home!
BONUS! CANADIAN MORTGAGE CALCULATOR
The most sophisticated and accurate Canadian mortgage calculators available. This tool gives you advanced insight into how much mortgage you may qualify for, what your payments may be, what share of your expenses your mortgage will take up and how much income would be required to afford your dream home.
• Mortgage Payment Calculator
• Purchase Financing Calculator
• Income Qualifier Calculator
• The latest interest rates
• Amortization tables
• Expense and payment charts